This position must deliver high quality service to both internal and external members and have thorough knowledge and understanding of all products and services. It is essential to identify all members’ financial needs and recommend appropriate Credit Union solutions to better serve our members and to improve the Credit Union business. This position will be able to assist members with all transaction requests such as opening accounts, teller transactions, and all aspects of loan processing.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Keeps up to date with ongoing marketing efforts and pro-actively engages with members to build a trusting relationship and achieve sales and service goals
- Maintain expert knowledge of all products and services that are offered, including technical services such as online banking, mobile app, and other remote services.
- Able to communicate with clarity and effectiveness to members in person, by phone, and with typed communication.
- Participates in related business development activities.
Consumer Loan Processor
- Provides service to members seeking all types of consumer loans.
- Perform effective interview of members to be able to understand their complete financial profile.
- Processes applications, prepares accurate and complete documentation, process approved loan documents for disbursement and filing.
- Operates with moderate credit authority.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Follows up on paperless title production to ensure we have perfected titles to our collateralize products.
- Liaison between borrower, borrower’s insurance company and CPI carrier to ensure placement of adequate collateral insurance coverage.
Backup Teller II
- Backs up the teller line when needed.
- Provides a variety of member account transactions including deposits, withdrawals, payments, IRA assistance, traveler’s cards, and opening and closing accounts.
- Able to assist with other branch tasks such as dual custody with regard to negotiables, vault, ATM, filing, report completion, and data entry.
- Maintain acceptable record of attendance and timeliness.
- Open and clear communication to management and team members.
- Able to adapt to a changing work environment and work as a team when new requirements arise.
- Courtesy, professionalism, and tact are essential to delivering excellent service, gaining trust of our members, and increasing the Credit Union benefits to our members and community. Excellent communication skills are needed along with the ability to multitask.
- Must have good computer skills, a professional disposition, and a get it done mentality. Most of the tasks will be performed from a desk and will involve typing, filing, and some light physical activity.
Team Support Specialist
Under general supervision and in compliance with established policies and procedures, Team support specialist is responsible for providing superior member service by conducting transactions accurately as well as assisting lending and back office with daily tasks as needed.
- Conduct member transactions including: loan payments, deposits, withdrawals, transfers, etc.
- Complete member requests such as inquiries on certificates of deposit, processing wire transfers, ordering and blocking plastic cards, ordering checks, researching account information, etc.
- Actively cross-sell credit union services by providing information to current, new and potential members.
- Monitor necessary departmental files and reports, updating member information as required.
- Maintains member confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Work with members to complete transactions such as; deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and transfers, including cash handling
- Opening membership accounts
- Answering phones
- Document filing
- Assisting the loan department with DMV and Insurance functions